The CSWE Commission on Global Social Work Education is pleased to announce the 18th annual Partners in Advancing International Education (PIE) Awards program, honoring the contribution of social work faculty members, social work students (BSW, MSW, or PhD), and organizations as partners in advancing education for international social work. The PIE awards are given in recognition of conceptual, curricular, and programmatic innovations in education for international social work. Priority is given to U.S.-based nominees.
The Partners in Advancing International Education Awards will be presented at the CSWE Annual Program Meeting immediately preceding the Hokenstad lecture.
Up to three awards are given annually- one for each of the following categories of contributors to education for international social work.
- Social work faculty member (current members of the Commission on Global Education and those who are within a year of completing their term on this Commission are not eligible to apply for the award).
- Social work students or student group (BSW, MSW, or PhD level) (social work graduates within 2 years of graduation, relative to the timing of the APM conference, are eligible to apply).
- Local (APM host city), national, or international organizations.
Award recipients receive an engraved plaque honoring their contributions to the advancement of education for international social work. Awards are presented jointly by the chair of the CSWE Commission on Global Social Work Education and the chair of the PIE Awards Committee. There is no financial support associated with this award.
Letters of nomination for PIE award candidates must include the following:
- The name and contact information for each nominee
- The nominator’s rationale for the nomination (with a clear statement concerning the innovations made by the nominee in advancing education for international social work)
- Documentation in support of the nomination (e.g., a current curriculum vitae and copies of selected publications for individual nominees; or, in the case of organizational nominees, copies of relevant stories concerning the nominee organization in the public media, as well as a detailed description of the activities engaged in by the nominee that contribute to the advancement of education for international social work)
- Other materials that nominators believe would be helpful to the PIE Awards Committee in reviewing the merits of nominees. Please limit submission materials to 6 pages, excluding CVs (for individuals)
Nominations are open to faculty members, students or student groups, and organizations located either within or outside the United States. Preference will be given to nominations that have a demonstrable link to the advancement of education for international social work in the United States. Letters of nomination must be submitted in electronically.